April 29, 2022
Alocasia Reginae Care
Alocasia 'Reginae' is a species of the Alocasia genus. Alocasia Reginae comes from Borneo Island, Indonesia.
- Characteristics, Shapes & Colors
The characteristics of Alocasia Reginae plant has a thick leaves texture, with a pattern of curved straight lines following the shape of the leaves. Alocasia Reginae leaves also have a distinctive silver color with a dark red color on the bottom of the leaves.
- How to care
- Place Alocasia Reginae plant in a place that has a light intensity of 60% - 70% with a temperature between 18-25 °C.
- The most suitable growing medium for Alocasia Reginae is a mixture of perlite, cocopeat, peat.
- For the intensity of watering Alocasia Reginae need 3 in times a week so that the growing medium is not too dry. If it is too dry, Alocasia Reginae will wither and inhibit its growth..
- For the fertilization period Alocasia Reginae can be done once every 2 weeks with organic fertilizers.
- How to propagate
Alocasia Reginae can be propagated with tubers.
- The first step is choose the old and healthy Alocasia Reginae then unload the growing medium and look for bulbs at the end of the roots.
- Plant bulbs in growing medium and do enough watering.
- Put it in a shady place.
- The new shoots will appear after approximately in 3 weeks.