Anthurium Forgetii Care
Anthurium 'Forgetii' is a species of plant in the genus Anthurium native to Colombia. Kept in cultivation for its round leaves that lack a sinus and have silver veining, it is thought to be epiphytic.
- Characteristics, Shapes & Colors
Anthurium Forgetii has no sinuses that make its leaves look like a drop of tears, has a dark velvet leaves color and has silver leaves veins, Anthurium forgetii also has a thick leafy and stiff feature.
- How to care
- Place Anthurium Forgetii plant in a place that has a light intensity of 60% - 70% with a temperature between 18-25 °C.
- The most suitable growing medium for Anthurium Forgetii a mixture of perlite, peat & hydrotone.
- For the intensity of watering Anthurium Forgetii need 3 times in a week so that the growing medium is ns not too dry. Because Anthurium Forgetii likes the high intensity of water.
- The fertilization period for Anthurium Forgetii can be done once a week with liquid organic fertilizer dissolved in water and then sprayed on the leaves.
- How to propagate
Anthurium Forgetii can be propagated by cuttings and seeds. Here's how to seeding the Anthurium Forgetii cutting plants..
- The first step is remove the Anthurium plant from the growing medium.
- Then do the cleaning on the roots of the Anthurium plant that is still attached.
- Cut on the tubers of the Anthurium plant into 2 parts. Make sure that both of these pieces have roots that are still attached.
- If you have completed, apply root stimulant on the part that has been cut. The purpose of applying root stimulant is to stimulate maximum growth of the roots.
Then do plant again by put the plant into a pot that has been filled with planting media which has been explained earlier and do enough watering. Make sure the the planting media is sterile and shafted.