Anthurium Vittarifolium Care
Anthurium 'Vittarifolium' Its foliage are heart-shaped, glossy with a smooth leaf margin. The dark green leaves can measure up to 20 cm long. Its flowers are axillary, produced on a spadix inflorescence. The inflorescence comprise of a cream-yellow tail-like spadix and bright red spathe that is wide, flat and waxy.
- Characteristics, Shapes & Colors
Anthurium vittarifolium is a spectacular strap-leafed anthurium from Columbia, with long narrow leaves that can grow up to 2 metres in length. Grow this plant in a hanging basket to match its natural growing conditions and to enjoy its long hanging leaves.
- How to care
- Place Anthurium Vittarifolium plant in a place that has a light intensity of 60% - 70% with a temperature between 18-25 °C.
- The most suitable growing medium for Anthurium Vittarifolium a mixture of perlite, peat & hydrotone.
- For the intensity of watering Anthurium Vittarifolium need 3 times in a week so that the growing medium is ns not too dry. Because Anthurium Vittarifolium likes the high intensity of water.
- The fertilization period for Anthurium Vittarifolium can be done once a week with liquid organic fertilizer dissolved in water and then sprayed on the leaves.
- How to propagate
Anthurium Vittarifolium can be propagated by cuttings and seeds. Here's how to seeding the Anthurium Vittarifolium cutting plants..
- The first step is remove the Anthurium plant from the growing medium.
- Then do the cleaning on the roots of the Anthurium plant that is still attached.
- Cut on the tubers of the Anthurium plant into 2 parts. Make sure that both of these pieces have roots that are still attached.
- If you have completed, apply root stimulant on the part that has been cut. The purpose of applying root stimulant is to stimulate maximum growth of the roots.
Then do plant again by put the plant into a pot that has been filled with planting media which has been explained earlier and do enough watering. Make sure the the planting media is sterile and shafted.