Hoya Deykeae Care
Hoya Deykeae is a tropical plant from the (Apocynaceae) family
- Characteristics Colors
Hoya Deykeae has large heart-shaped leaves with dark green veins. Some of the leaves may show the desired silver spots that are present in many Hoyas. The flowers are light yellow in color and grow in round clusters that give off a faint citrus scent.
- How to care
- Place Hoya Deykeae plant in a place that has a light intensity of 60% - 70% with a temperature between 20-29 °C.
- The most suitable growing medium for Hoya Deykeae is a mixture of perlite, peat & hydrotone.
- For the intensity of watering Hoya Deykeae need 2 times in a week so that the growing medium is not too wet. Because Hoya Deykeae does not like excessive water intensity.
- The fertilization period for Hoya Deykeae can be done once a week with liquid organic fertilizer dissolved in water and then sprayed on the leaves.
- How to propagate
Hoya Deykeae can be propagated by cutting.
- The first step is to select the stem segment of the Hoya Deykeae plant which has wind roots and shoots. Then cut the internodes between the roots.
- Then put the plant horizontally on the growing medium with the buds in facing up position and do sufficient watering.
- Put it in a shady place.
- The new shoots will appear after approximately in 3 weeks.