Monstera Dubia belongs to the "Araceae" family which is native to tropical and subtropical forests.
- Characteristics, Shapes & Colors
Monstera Dubia has a characteristic light green leaf color and silver motifs on the surface of the leaves, Monstera Dubia has a characteristic feature of the leaves always sticking to the media when the leaves are still small and will separate automatically from the media when the leaves are large. is a plant that can grow to a height of 5 meters if attached to a wall or other larger plant.
- How to care
- Place Monstera Dubia plant in a place that has a light intensity of 70% - 80% with a temperature between 20-25 °C.
- The most suitable growing medium for Monstera Dubia is a mixture of perlite, peat & hydrotone.
- For the intensity of watering Monstera Dubia need 2 times in a week so that the growing medium is not too wet. Because Monstera Dubia does not like excessive water intensity.
- The fertilization period for Monstera Dubia can be done once a week with liquid organic fertilizer dissolved in water and then sprayed on the leaves.
- How to propagate
Monstera Dubia can be propagated by cutting.
- The first step is select the stem segment of the Monstera Dubia plant which has wind roots and shoots.
- Then put the plant horizontally on the growing medium with the buds in facing up position and do sufficient watering.
- Put it in a shady place.
- The new shoots will appear after approximately in 3 weeks.