April 28, 2022
Aglaonema Pictum Bicolor care
Aglaonema 'Pictum Bicolor' is a species of the Aglaonema genus. Aglaonema Pictum Bicolor is native rare plant from Sumatra Island, Indonesia.
- Characteristics, Shapes & Colors
Aglaonema Pictum Bicolor has green leaves with white patches on the leaves, the shape of the leaves is tapering to elliptical and wavy along the edges of the leaves and trunk is similar to wood apperance.
- How to care
- Place Aglaonema Pictum Bicolor plant in a place that has a light intensity of 60% -80% with a temperature between 20-27 °C.
- The most suitable growing medium for Aglaonema Pictum Bicolor is a mixture of perlite, cocopeat, peat.
- For the intensity of watering Aglaonema Pictum Bicolor need 2 times in a week so that the planting media is not too wet. If it is too wet, the roots of Aglaonema Pictum Bicolor will rot.
- For the fertilization period Aglaonema Pictum Bicolor can be done once a week with organic fertilizers.
- How to propagate
Aglaonema Pictum Bicolor can be propagated with stem cuttings.
- The first step is choose an old and healthy aglaonema stem then cut the stem under the bottom of the leaf.
- Plant pieces of leaves on the planting media and do watering then place them in a shady place.
- Plant the stem pieces horizontally with the buds facing up or sideways direction.
- Do watering as necessary new shoots and roots will appear after about 6 weeks.