Alocasia Cuprea Care
Alocasia 'Cuprea' is a species of the Alocasia genus. Alocasia Cuprea is an aroids plant native from the Borneo Island, Indonesia.
- Characteristics, Shapes & Colors
Alocasia Cuprea has large round tapering shaped leaves with dark red color and a black leaf vein, at the bottom part of leaves has a reddish color.
- How to care
- Place Alocasia Cuprea plant in a place that has a light intensity of 60-70% with a temperature of 18-25 °C.
- The most suitable growing medium for Alocasia Cuprea is a mixture of perlite, cocopeat, peat.
- For the intensity of watering Alocasia Cuprea need 2 times in a week so that the growing medium is not too wet. If it is not too dry. If it is too dry, Alocasia Cuprea will wither and inhibit its growth.
- For the fertilization period Alocasia Cuprea can be done once a week with organic fertilizers.
- How to propagate
Alocasia Cuprea can be propagated with bulbs.
- The first step is choose the old and healthy Alocasia Cuprea then unload the growing medium and look for bulbs at the end of the roots.
- Plant bulbs in growing medium and do enough watering..
Put it in a shady place and the new shoots will appear after approximately in 3 weeks.