Alocasia Dragon Scale Care
Alocasia 'Dragon Scale' is a species of the genus Alocasia. Alocasia dragon scale comes from the tropical forests of Borneo Island, Indonesia.
- Characteristics, Shapes & Colors
Alocasia Dragon Scale leaves are light green with thick leaf veins in dark green. At first glance its similar to turtle shell apperance.
- How to care
- Place Alocasia Dragon Scale plant in a place that has a light intensity of 60-70% with a temperature of 18-25 °C.
- The most suitable growing medium for Alocasia Dragon Scale is a mixture of perlite, cocopeat, peat.
- For the intensity of watering Alocasia Dragon Scale need 2 times in a week so that the growing medium is not too wet. If it is not too dry. If it is too dry, Alocasia Dragon Scale will wither and inhibit its growth.
- For the fertilization period Alocasia Dragon Scale can be done once a week with organic fertilizers.
- How to propagate
Alocasia Dragon Scale can be propagated with bulbs.
- The first step is choose the old and healthy Alocasia Dragon Scale then unload the growing medium and look for bulbs at the end of the roots.
- Plant bulbs in growing medium and do enough watering..
Put it in a shady place and the new shoots will appear after approximately in 3 weeks.