Alocasia 'Frydek' is a species of the Alocasia genus. This plant comes from the Philippines & theAlocasia Frydek a plant from the family of Araceae..
- Characteristics, Shapes & Colors
The characteristics of the Alocasia Frydek plant is dark green velvet leaves color with narrower veins. Uniquely, the bones of the leaves can light up in the dark or glow in the dark. Frydek's alocasia can grow very large.
- How to care
- Place Alocasia Frydek plant in a place that has a light intensity of 60-70% with a temperature of 18-25 °C.
- The most suitable growing medium for Alocasia Frydek is a mixture of perlite, cocopeat, peat.
- For the intensity of watering Alocasia Frydek need 2 times in a week so that the growing medium is not too wet. If it is not too dry. If it is too dry, Alocasia Frydek will wither and inhibit its growth.
- For the fertilization period Alocasia Frydek can be done once a week with organic fertilizers.
- How to propagate
Alocasia Frydek can be propagated with bulbs.
- The first step is choose the old and healthy Alocasia Frydek then unload the growing medium and look for bulbs at the end of the roots.
- Plant bulbs in growing medium and do enough watering..
Put it in a shady place and the new shoots will appear after approximately in 3 weeks.