Piper Ornatum Care
Piper Ornatum is a member of the Piperaceae family. Comes from the forest of sulawesi
- Characteristics, Shapes & Colors
Piper Ornatum has a dark green surface color with a slightly pink silver stripe on the top of the leaf and a light pink color on the underside of the leaf. in its natural habitat it can reach a height of 5 meters
- How to care
- Place Piper Ornatum in a humid place with 60-70% light intensity, with a temperature between 23-26°C.
- The suitable growing medium for Piper Ornatum is a mixture of perlite, peat & fern roots
- For the intensity of watering Piper Ornatum need 2 times a week so that the planting media is not too wet
- For Piper Ornatum fertilization can be done once a week with liquid organic fertilizer dissolved in water then watered at the base of the plant
- How to propagate
Piper Ornatum can be propagated by cutting.
- First choose Piper Ornatum which already has a long stem and has sufficient roots in each segment
- after that cut the stem between the segments, then plant it in a pot that already contains planting media.
- Put it in a shady place.
- The new shoots will appear after approximately in 3 weeks.