Platycerium Ridleyi Care
Platycerium Ridleyi belongs to the plant family Polypodiaceae, a family of ferns originating from tropical and subtropical forests. Platycerium Willinckii is found in the seas of Southeast Asia, Indonesia, China. and throughout the East Indies.
- Characteristics, Shapes & Colors
Platycerium Ridleyi has characteristics such as deer antlers towering upwards and thick hard, the color of this plant is bright green, slightly light yellow. This plant in its natural habitat is attached to a large tree
- How to care
- Place Platycerium Ridleyi plant in a place that has a light intensity of 60% - 70% with a temperature between 18-28 °C.
- The most suitable planting medium for Platycerium Ridleyi is sphagnum moss and wooden planks for sticking
- For the intensity of watering Platycerium Ridleyi, it is necessary 3 times a week so that the planting media is kept moist
- For the fertilization period Platycerium Ridleyi can be done once a week by giving organic fertilizer dissolved in water and then sprayed on the planting media.
- How to propagate
Platycerium Ridleyi can be propagated by cutting.
- first choose Platycerium Ridleyi which already has new shoots
- then separate and plant on the prepared planting media
- Put it in a shady place.
- The new shoots will appear after approximately in 3 weeks.