Piper sylvaticum Care
Piper sylvaticum is a member of the Piperaceae family. This plant is found in the northeast of the Indian subcontinent.
- Characteristics, Shapes & Colors
Piper Sylvaticum has a smooth, powdery stem when young, becoming jagged and wrinkled as it matures. They have a light green leaf color with dark green fibers. in its natural habitat it can reach a height of 5 meters
- How to care
- Place Piper Sylvaticum in a humid place with 60-70% light intensity, with a temperature between 23-26°C.
- The suitable growing medium for Piper Sylvaticum is a mixture of perlite, peat & fern roots
- For the intensity of watering Piper Sylvaticum need 2 times a week so that the planting media is not too wet
- For Piper Sylvaticum fertilization can be done once a week with liquid organic fertilizer dissolved in water then watered at the base of the plant
- How to propagate
Piper Sylvaticum can be propagated by cutting.
- First choose Piper Sylvaticum which already has a long stem and has sufficient roots in each segment
- after that cut the stem between the segments, then plant it in a pot that already contains planting media.
- Put it in a shady place.
- The new shoots will appear after approximately in 3 weeks.