Rhapis Excelsa Variegated Care
Rhapis Excelsa Variegated included in the areca nut family or "Arecaceae". This plant is one of a group of plants that includes seed plants or monocots, the natural habitat of palms is generally in tropical and subtropical rain forests.
- Characteristics, Shapes & Colors
Rhapis Excelsa Variegated has leaves consisting of several leaves on one stalk parallel to the leaf bone, has a light green leaf color with variegated lines on some leaves. Plant height in nature can reach 2-3 meters
- How to care
- Place the Rhapis Excelsa Variegated in a humid place with a light intensity of 70-90%, with a temperature between 25-33°C.
- The suitable planting medium for Rhapis Excelsa Variegated is a mixture of perlite, peat & fern roots
- For the intensity of watering, you need 3 times a week to keep the growing media moist
- Fertilization of Rhapis Excelsa Variegated can be done by giving organic fertilizer dissolved in water and then watered at the base of this plant.
- How to propagate
Rhapis Excelsa Variegated can be propagated by cuttings.
- The first step is to select Rhapis Excelsa Variegated which already has new shoots at the base of this plant and has enough roots on its new shoots.
- separate the new shoots that already have enough roots, then plant them in pots that have been filled with planting media.
- Put it in a shady place.
- The new shoots will appear after approximately in 3 weeks.