Anthurium Modeanum Care
Anthurium 'Modeanum' is a beautiful tropical plant that is mostly found in Columbia in South America. It belongs to the Araceae plant family, and its genus is Anthurium.
- Characteristics, Shapes & Colors
Anthurium Modeanum first glance similar to anthurium chamberlaini, but if noticed from the leaf fiber both have their own characteristics / characteristics are different, the red color of modeanum leaves is more striking.
- How to care
- Place Anthurium Modeanum plant in a place that has a light intensity of 60% - 70% with a temperature between 18-25 °C.
- The most suitable growing medium for Anthurium Modeanum a mixture of perlite, peat & hydrotone.
- For the intensity of watering Anthurium Modeanum need 3 times in a week so that the growing medium is ns not too dry. Because Anthurium Modeanum likes the high intensity of water.
- The fertilization period for Anthurium Modeanum can be done once a week with liquid organic fertilizer dissolved in water and then sprayed on the leaves.
- How to propagate
Anthurium Modeanum can be propagated by cuttings and seeds. Here's how to seeding the Anthurium Modeanum cutting plants..
- The first step is remove the Anthurium plant from the growing medium.
- Then do the cleaning on the roots of the Anthurium plant that is still attached.
- Cut on the tubers of the Anthurium plant into 2 parts. Make sure that both of these pieces have roots that are still attached.
- If you have completed, apply root stimulant on the part that has been cut. The purpose of applying root stimulant is to stimulate maximum growth of the roots.
Then do plant again by put the plant into a pot that has been filled with planting media which has been explained earlier and do enough watering. Make sure the the planting media is sterile and shafted.